Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil for eczema have been known as two of the most powerful home treatments for the condition. The natural healing qualities of these products allows them to clear up skin in a matter of days.
But why and how do these two products work so magically well, particularly when used together?
Why apple cider vinegar?
- It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that fight the infection and sooth irritated skin
- It stabilizes the PH levels of the skin that are distorted due to eczema. Apple cider vinegar has detoxifying elements that can pull out harmful toxins of the skin to restore it to its natural state
- It contains mineral salts, riboflavin, pectin, enzymes and other minerals which can enhance the immune system. As a result, eczema has a much more difficult time developing
- Apple cider vinegar acts as an astringent which can exfoliate bacteria, dust, and pollen from your skin
- The substance contains beta carotene which is an antioxidant that rejuvenates the skin and makes it fresh and healthy once again
- It contains potassium which can prevent allergic reactions that result in eczema break outs
- Apple cider vinegar contains acetic, lactic acid, and malic that are all antibacterial substances. In conjunction these can be powerful forces against eczema
Why coconut oil
- It’s a powerful moisturizer. Coconut oil softens any dry, cracking, flaking or brittle skin caused by eczema. As a result, coconut oils moisturizing tendencies closes up openly cracked skin where bacteria can fester
- Coconut oil can be absorbed into your skin extremely quickly. As a result, its effects start to kick in almost instantly
- Coconut oil can mitigate irritation due antibacterial properties
- This substance has powerful antinflamatory and antibacterial properties that fight infection and sooth skin at the same time
- It contains all natural ingredients so it will only irritate your skin if you are allergic to specific oils
- It smells amazing 🙂
How to go forward…
As you can tell from the qualities of these two ingredients, apple cider vinegar is more powerful in killing off eczema and clearing up the skin while coco nut oil is better at moisturizing irritated skin and preventing future break outs.
As a result it is wise to first use the apple cider vinegar on the skin and then rub in coconut oil on your skin after. The vinegar will kill off the bacteria with stronger effect and the oil will keep your skin hydrated and smooth. In turn, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil for eczema will cure the condition in no time.