This Cetaphil Restoraderm review goes into detail on our favorite eczema lotion we have studied. Here you will find everything you need to know about the product, and if it is best for you and your situation. Keep in mind that this review focuses on the Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer but the body wash version is also available. The body wash is almost identical in terms of its effectiveness to the moisturizer. Using one over is often a matter of personal preference.
Eczema can be irritating and embarrassing for anyone suffering from the condition. Whether it be the itchiness, dry skin or the unsightly appearance of the skin, eczema is not a condition anyone wants to endure.
There are a few different types of clinical treatments available of eczema such as steroids creams and other prescribed medication. However unless you have a extremely severe case of eczema, there are a few over the counter remedies for eczema that are highly effective.
What is Cetaphil Restoraderm and what does it do?
Cetaphil Restoraderm’s effects include…
- Cleansing the skin of eczema and keeping the rash at bay
- Repairing broken, rough or damaged skin
- Deeply moisturizing and softening of dry or cracking skin
- Relieving itchiness or discomfort of the skin
- Mitigating redness and in addition heals common rashes
- Repairing and also strengthening skin
What is Cetaphil?
Cetaphil, the creator of Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer is one of the leading pharmaceutical brands in the skin cleansing industry. For more than 70 years Cetaphil has been known for its groundbreaking research and exceptionally effective products in the skin care industry. Whether it be acne, blemishes, rashes and most importantly eczema, Cetaphils products prove to be trustworthy and dependable.
What sets Cetaphil Restoraderm apart from other products
- Good for sensitive skin– Many anti-eczema steroids or creams can be quite harsh. The raw antibacterial solutions can be effective in fighting rashes, however they are also known to be irritating or hurtful to the skin surrounding. Cetaphil Restoraderm however is designed for people with sensitive skin which makes it perfect particularly for children and babies. Keep in mind that the cream is still effective in fighting eczema but isn’t damaging to the skin.
- Two strong effects from one product– The product is exceptionally powerful in not not only treating eczema but also deeply moisturizing the skin. Other products may claim to do both but are typically lacking in one area. Various eczema creams fight off eczema but fail to moisturize and rejuvenate damaged skin. On the other hand some products are quite good at moisturizing the skin but have formulas that are much too weak to be effective in treating eczema effectively. With Cetaphil Restoraderm you get a happy medium between a strong moisturizer (and more importantly long lasting hydration) and powerful eczema treatment.
- Extremely fast acting formula– Put plainly and simply, the stuff works. Cetaphil Restoraderm is of the most powerful eczema creams that you can get without a prescription. That being said, your skin can clear up in a short number of uses since the cream is known to be extremely fast acting on rashes.
Ingredients of Cetaphil Restoraderm as found on the bottle include…
“Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Pentylene Glycol,Butyrospermum Parki (Shea Butter), Sorbitol,Cyclopentasiloxane Sphinganine, Niacinamide, Allantoin,Panthenol, Arginine, Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide PEG-15Disulfate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Sodium PCA, Ceteareth-20, sodium polyacrylate, caprylyl glycol, citric acid, demethiconol, disodium edta, sodium hyaluronate, cetyl alcohol”
Applying the cream is simple. Simply wash your hands, pat them dry and rub the cream on any infected areas accordingly until the lotion is completely absorbed into the skin.
- Extremely effective and fast acting treatment for eczema
- Clinically proven to provide long lasting moisturization of dry and irritated skin
- Great for sensitive skin making it great for babies and children
- Steroid free product
- Restores damaged skin as to prevent future outbreaks and also the spreading of eczema
- Stinging and inflammation can occur upon application but only in some rare cases
- Not the best product to use for people who have nut allergies. They can experience allergic reactions to the lotion due to the high concentration of nut oil.
- Might not work if you have extremely severe eczema that requires a more powerful prescription
Verdict- Cetaphil Restoraderm Review
All in all, for anyone who is suffering from eczema due to its irritation or because of its unsightly appearance, Cetaphil Restoraderm is highly recommended . Its use of high quality natural ingredients without the need for steroids makes it an extremely effective solution that comes with minimal health risks. The lotion’s ability to intensely moisturize for the long term while simultaneously killing off eczema makes it a versatile and truly unique product.
Cetaphil, one of the leading brands in the skin cleansing industry ensures your success with its product as well.
I hope this Cetaphil Restoraderm review was helpful. Thanks for reading!