We can all agree that a massage feels great. However, a mahanarayan oil massage can add that much more to the experience of relaxation and healing.
Mahanarayan oil is a powerful healing remedy used in common ayurvedic treatments. Its ingredients contain a blend of herbs and extracts that in combination relieve tension and stress from the body.
The ingredients of Mahanarayana Tailam for instance include
- Bilva – Bael (root) – Aegle marmelos
- Ashwagandha – Winter Cherry / Indian ginseng – Withania somnifera
- Brihati – Indian Nightshade (root) – Solanum indicum
- Swadamshtra – Tribulus terrestris
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Bala – Country mallow (root) – Sida cordifolia
- Paribhadra – Erythrina variegate
- Kshudra – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Kathila – Boerhaavia diffusa
- Atibala – Abutilon indicum
- Agnimantha – Premna corymbosa / mucronata Root
- Prasarini – Paederia foetida
- Patala – Trumpet (root) – Sterospermum suaveolens
- Water for decoction – 98.304 liters, boiled and reduced to 24.576 liters.
- Taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum – 6.144 kg
- Ajadugdha – Goat milk – 6.144 liters
- Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus – juice extract – 6.144 liters
- Paste prepared with 96 g of fine powder of each of –
- Rasna- Pluchea lanceolata
- Ashwagandha – Winter Cherry / Indian ginseng (root) – Withania somnifera
- Mishi – Indian Dill (fruit) 0 Anethum sowa / Peucedanum graveolens
- Daru – Himalayan Cedar (bark) – Cedrus deodara
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishniparni – Root – Uraria picta
- Mudgaparni – Phaseolus trilobus
- Mashaparni – Teramnus labialis Spreng.
- Agaru – Aquilaria agallocha
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea
- Saindhava – Rock Salt
- Mamsi – Nardostachys jatamansi
- Haridra – Turmeric Rhizome – Curcuma Longa
- Daruharidra – Tree turmeric (stem) – Berberis aristata
- Shaileya – Parmelia perlata
- Chandana – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Pushkara – Inula racemosa
- Ela – Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Manjishta – Indian Madder (root) – Rubia cordifolia
- Yashtimadhu – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Tagara – Indian Valerian (root) – Valeriana wallichi
- Abda – Nut grass (root) – Cyperus rotundus
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
- Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba
- Jivaka – Malaxis acuminata D.Don / Microstylis wallichii Lindl.
- Rishabhaka – Manilkara hexandra (Roxb.) Dubard / Mimusoops hexandra Roxb.
- Meda – Polygonatum cirrhifolium
- Mahameda – Polygonatum verticillatum
- Kakoli – Fritillaria roylei
- Ksheera Kakolii – Lilium polyphyllum
- Riddhi – Habenaria intermedia
- Vriddhi – Habenaria intermedia
- Ambu – Pavonia odorata
- Vacha – Sweet flag (rhizome) – Acorus calamus
- Sthauneya – Clerodendrum infortunatum Linn./ viscosum Vent. Gaertn.
- Vrishchikali – Boerhavia erecta
- Choraka – Angelica glauca
- Karpoora – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora – 48 g
- Kashmeera – Saffron – Crocus sativus – 48 g
- Mrigamada – Musk – 48 g
Mahanarayan Oil Massage Benefits
Getting a massage with mahanarayan oil has many benefits
Mahanarayan oil is a fantastic oil for relieving pain whether it be from soreness, muscle aches, or bruises. It can also be used to treat tendonitis or arthritis unless of course, it is too painful to massage these areas of pain.
You can also benefit from clearing your head by betting a mahanarayan oil massage. The pain relieving properties of the oil, as well as the pleasant scent, can relieve you of headaches and stress of the mind you may be experiencing.
By using mahanarayan oil you can also significantly reduce inflammation. If you experienced an injury that resulted in swelling, this oil is a great way to combat this inflammation.
Also, you can check out treatments for bed sores on this post.